Karbon 2.0

Of all the application of KOffice 2.0, the one most ready is trully Karbon. It’s also the one for which the progress since 1.6 is trully the most visible, and in 2.0, karbon is mostly a path editor (which is no doubt the central feature of a vector graphics application), and it’s already working quiet well, definitively worth a try.

For a few monthes, I have already been using it, when I have to produce figures for my phd. And while I usually feel more confortable drawing with a pixel application (in other word Krita), I decided to make something more artistic with karbon, here is the result:

This entry was posted in Krita, Open Source and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Karbon 2.0

1. Caesar Tjalbo says:

Looking forward to giving it a try.

2. Samuel Pauls says:

Amazing! Can’t wait to use this.

3. Dread Knight says:

Tried it last night for a few minutes actually from Kubuntu 9.04Whatever you guys do, DON’T release it with the left tool bar like that.Anyway, looking forward to see krita/karbon have a more polished GUI.Cheers!

4. plAcid says:

Will be interested to see how it stacks up against inkscape (pretty much the only linux art program that didn’t make me wish for an Adobe product) – imho inkscape mainly lacks decent object/layer management, looks like karbon wins there and is prettier to boot :) Whats going on with the left toolbar though? seems to be a bit short on tools!

5. Pingback: Inserting shapes/images in KOffice « Cyrille Berger

6. Bla bla bla says:

Sorry for the late comment. I’ve asked in #calligra about this, but didn’t get an answer. I use Inkscape a lot under Gnome, but with Gnome3 I’m thinking about migrating to KDE; but it seems that Krita doesn’t have a Trace tool (like the Potrace GUI under inkscape). Has it, or should I use a tool like Potrace separately?

Well you left a bit too fast for me to answer on #calligra :) First of all inkscape works under KDE, so it should not prevent your migration to KDE. However, karbon does not have potrace integration at the moment, so if you intend to use karbon you would need to use potrace separately.