krita-plugins 1.5-1 : color transfer filter

In a few days, I will release the first beta version of krita-plugins for Krita 1.5. It’s a collection of plugins that will be part of the next official release but that I make available as a seperate package for the current version (in fact, for the upcoming Krita 1.5.1).

Today, I will speak about the color transfer filter, it is a filter that analyse an image and transfer the color look and feel to an other image as you can see on the following examples.

The original image is the Villa Savoye of Le Corbusier:

Free Image Hosting at www.TurboImageHost.com

I will first use a yellow flower as the reference image, as you can see it give a yellowish tint to the picture:

Free Image Hosting at www.TurboImageHost.com

And then I use a tree under snow, and the result give the impression of that snow is falling on the Villa Savoye:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This filter is in fact mostly usefull if you want to do some photo montage, as it will allow to have an uniform color over your final result.

This entry was posted in Krita, Open Source and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to krita-plugins 1.5-1 : color transfer filter

1. Alexandre says:

Cyrille, do these plugins require localisation?

No. We decided that it would be too much work for little worth to have localisation for them. Of course, they will be localised for Krita 1.6, but until them I don’t think it’s a good idea, and I doubt they will be widespread anyway.

3. Alexandre says:

Fine with me. What’s the planned release date for 1.5.1? I’ll be updating translation again, I guess…

The tarball for 1.5.1 are allready made, and the final announcement will be made today or tomorrow. But 1.5.2 is schedule so you might want to update your translation before it.

5. Alexandre says:

Well, I hope I’m not too late to tell you that there might be an error in naming one of krita-plugins:filters/unsharp/kis_unsharp_filter.ccsays:KisUnsharpFilter::KisUnsharpFilter() : KisFilter(id(), “enhance”, i18n(“&Unsharp…”))since this is one of enhance plugins, this might be Unsharp Mask, not Unsharp.

Thanks :) no it’s definitively not to late as I haven’t release it yet, I will just have to make modification in the tarball 😉